The Directive: PED 2014/68/EU
The new Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 2014/68/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on the market of pressure equipment replaces the former Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC as from 19th July 2016.
The Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) applies to the design, manufacture and conformity assessment of pressure equipment and assemblies with a maximum allowable pressure (PS) greater than 0.5 bar.
The purpose of the PED is to ensure common standards of safety in all pressure equipment sold within the European Economic Area. Manufacturers are therefore able to meet the requirements for approval in any member state of the EU, and do not have to repeat the process when selling goods in any other state.
- Chapter I: General Provisions (Art. 1-5)
- Chapter II: Obligations of Economic Operators (Art. 6-11)
- Chapter III: Conformity and classification of PED and assemblies (Art.12- 19)
- Chapter V: Notification of Conformity Assessment bodies (Art.20- 43)
- Chapter VI: Committee Procedure and delegated acts (Art.44- 46)
- Chapter VII: Transitional and Final Provisions (Art.47- 52)
- Annex I: Essential Safety Requirements
- Annex II: Conformity Assessment Tables
- Annex III: Conformity Assessment Procedures
- Annex IV: EU Declaration of Conformity