What is an European Authorised Representative (E.A.R.)?
An Authorised Representative is any natural or legal person established in the Community who, explicitly designated by the manufacturer, acts and may be addressed by authorities and bodies in the Community instead of the manufacturer with regard to the latter’s obligations under this Directive.
What are the Role and Duties of a E.A.R.?
The role and duty of an European Authorised Representative include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a registered address in the European Union
- Keep available the Technical Documentation for inspection by the European Authorities.
- Complete Notification to the European Authorities
- Complete (any) registration to National Databases
- Take care of (any) incident reporting
- Represent the manufacturer towards the Commission, Authorities and Notified Bodies.
- Safeguard compliance with constant regulatory updates.
- Consult on European Regulations.